ECC, did Volvo use different versions?

For enthusiasts in- or outside Sweden with a taste for Volvo 7/900 series.
Just register a forum nickname and start posting!
Mathy
Övningskörning

ECC, did Volvo use different versions?

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

Is the ECC that Volvo built into our models always the same, or did they change something at some point in time? Did they use different versions for the 940, 960, S90 and V90? And which one is the best?

Sincerely

Mathy

PS I know about the red and blue light and the fact that pressing the switch turns the system ON or OFF depending on color of the light that's used.
945 GLE model year 1991 B234F

Mathy
Övningskörning

Re: ECC, did Volvo use different versions?

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

Is there a list somewhere of what is needed if you want to install an ECC into a 945? It doesn't have to be in English, but it would be nice if it had part numbers.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely

Mathy

PS my car was imported without airconditioning. Volvo-cars in the Netherlands then put a Deltamil airconditioning into the car before it was sent to the Volvo dealer.

Användarvisningsbild
Arly165
Klubbmedlem 2022
Kör: 740 GLT 16 Valve
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Arly165 »

Hi Mathy.
I don't believe there is a list but I installed ECC from a 1996 940 into my 1989 740. It was previously AC, rebuilt to non-AC by me and then I swapped again. :roll: Your best bet would be to find a junkyard 940 with ECC and just strip it for parts and install it to your car. Once you start to rip and tear in the car it will become obvious how it works. You will at least need the actual ECC / ventilation unit from under the dash with the evaporator and heater core, the controller with harness (from where you set the temps etc.) and also the dome light with the cabin sensor. The rest is just piping and wires really and much will probably fit with some modification from your existing AC system.
Bild
Nattsvart lack och kromad list på 89 årsmodell. Jag öser på för fullt i stan som en 50-tals rebell!

Mathy
Övningskörning

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

I found a 945 model jaar 1997 that was rear ended. So my car now has ECC and an electric fan. Since my 945 has a B234F, I needed the LH-Jetronic that has the parts number that ends with "928" to drive the electric fan. And since my car is a model year 1991, I also needed a relay (352 3737) or a bridge in the connector intended for that relay. This is only needed in model year 1991 apparently.

Sincerely

Mathy

Skriv svar