Small plate on the outside mirror

For enthusiasts in- or outside Sweden with a taste for Volvo 7/900 series.
Just register a forum nickname and start posting!
Mathy
Övningskörning

Small plate on the outside mirror

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

I'm trying to replace the mirrors on my 945 GLE model year 1991 with mirrors that are sprayed in the color of the car. But I can't seem to remember how to get the small plastic part out on the underside of the mirror. It looks like the non-sprayed do not have a small ridge, while the sprayed ones do. It's the small plastic thingy that you need to remove to get the cable out. How do I get the small plastic thingy out, with damaging anything?

Sincerely

Mathy

PS it looks like the thing called "clip" in the picture below.

Bild
945 GLE model year 1991 B234F

Användarvisningsbild
SA4AQS
Van forumsanvändare
Kör: 744 -88a Flygmotor
Kontakt:

Re: Small plate on the outside mirror

Inlägg av SA4AQS »

Hi Mathy

I did this a some years ago on my 740 and if i remember i used a smal putty knife to get it out.

Mathy
Övningskörning

Re: Small plate on the outside mirror

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

I just found the solution. On the clip that I wanted to remove are two "lips" that hold it in place. You can place a small screwdriver to the side of one of the lips and carefully bend it backwards a bit. When a small opening is created that way, you can insert another small screwdriver in the opening to hold the lip in place so it doesn't hold the clip any longer on that side. That's what I was able to find out last time. Now on to todays discovery. If I put the big part of the mirror (it looks like it's called "mirror bracket" in the picture above) on a soft surface and fold the mirror so the angle between it and the part that mounts to the car is as small as possible, I can use a slightly bigger screwdriver to carefully search for the back of the other lip and press against it, so this lip will come free. After that, I can take the clip out.

Sincerely

Mathy
945 GLE model year 1991 B234F

Skriv svar