Taxi-lights schematic?

For enthusiasts in- or outside Sweden with a taste for Volvo 7/900 series.
Just register a forum nickname and start posting!
Mathy
Övningskörning

Taxi-lights schematic?

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

Does anybody have the schematic to this wire loom:

Bild

My guess would be, that it is no longer available at the Volvo dealer.

Sincerely

Mathy (945, 1991)
945 GLE model year 1991 B234F

Mathy
Övningskörning

Re: Taxi-lights schematic?

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

Nobody?

Sincerely

Mathy

einar-
Klubbmedlem 2022
Kör: 745 GLE -88a

Inlägg av einar- »

Hi! The wiring on the picture is from an early 945 (its my pic ;) ) and its connected to the cars stock wiring harness. I can draw a schematic of it when i have some time over :)
Vem fan behöver turbo när det finns träskor

Mathy
Övningskörning

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello Einar

That would be very kind of you. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Mathy

Coupe de Grace
Färsk användare

Inlägg av Coupe de Grace »

I am also interested in the Taxi interior light schematic if there is a copy that someone could provide.

If anyone has a complete interior lighting set-up - harnesses, switch, interior light - for a '92- 940 taxi or police car, please let me know as I am very interested in it.

Thanks in advance and regards from Canada!

Rich

Mathy
Övningskörning

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

OK, I've bought a wiring harness like the one in Einar's picture. Now all I have to do is find out where all the plugs are for:

- Two pairs of connectors are for the reading lights above the back doors.
- Two connectors are plugged into the big roof light.

That leaves two connectors in the first part of the harness and two plugs in the second part that I still have to figure out:

In the harness that also holds the connectors that go to all the lights, I also have:

- One black connector with four holes: 1 is not used, 2 is green/red, 3 is brown and 4 is black. This connector isn't square, but looks a bit like a "Z", but with 90 degree angles. I think this is where the taxi light harness plugs into the B-pillar connector.
- One grey connector with two green wires coming from the big roof light.

Via a 3x3 connector, the first part of the harness (9163205) is connected to the second part of the harness (3542605).

On the second part of the harness I have two similar connectors with four holes but without pin numbers printed on them:

- One has a brown wire, a green wire (that has nothing on the other end) and a blue wire going from one hole to another on the same connector.
- And the other connector has a brown, a black and a black and white wire connected to it. This last connector is where I think the taxi light switch goes.

The taxi light harness comes from a model year 1995 with the roof light used with cars that have ECC.
My car is a model year 1991 945 without ECC.
Can somebody please tell me where these connectors plug in to?
And what's that green wire for, that is only connected to one connector?
Is the roof light near the tailgate also connected to this harness?
Why are there two unused holes on one connector connecting both harnesses (9163205 and 3542605) together?

Sincerely

Mathy

Mathy
Övningskörning

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

I'm making progress (sloooooowwwwllllllyyyyyy):
Mathy skrev:- Two connectors are plugged into the big roof light.

- One grey connector with two green wires coming from the big roof light.
One of the two connectors that plug into the big roof light (the green one with only two green wires) connects to the grey one. Which seems to connect to another connector inside the B-pilar. The latter connects somehow to the ECC. Which my car doesn't have (yet?).

Now all I have to find out is if this is correct:
Mathy skrev:- And the other connector has a brown, a black and a black and white wire connected to it. This last connector is where I think the taxi light switch goes.
And...
Mathy skrev:- One has a brown wire, a green wire (that has nothing on the other end) and a blue wire going from one hole to another on the same connector.
... if this really connects to a second switch as I suspect at the moment and what the green wire is intended for.

And ...
Mathy skrev:Why are there two unused holes on one connector connecting both harnesses (9163205 and 3542605) together?
... while there are no unused holes on the other connector.

Sincerely

Mathy

Mathy
Övningskörning

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

I think I've figured out how the wiring harness works. I want to know how this thing works before I put it inside the car.

Maybe somebody can confirm the following:

The switch has three positions: One where everything works as usual, one where the dome light and the reading lights are always off and one position where the lights can only go on when one of the doors is opened. I had hoped that there was a position where the lights would be always on, but there doesn't seem to be one.

What I still haven't figured out is what the second switch looks like and what it does. It gets the signal from the doorswitch, has a green wire that doesn't seem to have been connected to anything and a blue wire that is connected to the connector that connects harness 3542605 (the one with the switches) to harness 9163205 (the one that connects to the dome light, the reading lights and the rest of the car).

The blue wire ends in the connector connecting harness 3542605 and harness 9163205. It is not connected to anything on the other side. And the door signal can be found on that same connector twice. One of those pins with the door signal is used, but the other pin with the door signal is connected to nothing, just like the blue wire. Why?

Sincerely

Mathy

PS I'd like to edit the schematic of the courtesy lights as Volvo calls them, but don't know how. If somebody could help, that would be nice.

Mathy
Övningskörning

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

Since I wrote the message above this one, over 200 people have read this thread. But nobody responded. Why? Don't you have ideas about this subject? Or knowledge about this wiring harness?

Sincerely

Mathy

Mathy
Övningskörning

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello guys

I tried to install the wire harness. And found out that either the car (945) or the harness has the wrong connector. Both have the female connector (365060, not sure about the ending). I found the counterpart (365059-3), now all I need is the right pins and an idea which connector has to be replaced (don't want to change the connector again if I ever have to replace the car) and how much I can cut off to replace the pins.

Sincerely

Mathy

Mathy
Övningskörning

Inlägg av Mathy »

Hello einar, guys

How did that light unit (the one that is usually in the rear of an estate) get into that picture? Is it somehow connected to the wire harness?

Sincerely

Mathy

Skriv svar